Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

26 May 2016

Sparkle and magic

Hello and welcome to all of you joining me from TGIFF

Today I am sharing a special finish with you. I can do that today, because my partner should receive her pillow today. 
I participated in the latest round of the four seasons pillow swap. When I looked at my partners mosaic there was one picture that I just couldn't ignore. I loved it so much I even added the pic to my own mosaic.  

It is an 18"paper piecing pattern by Robynie. I first made a test pillow that I blogged about here. My daughter was absolutely thrilled. My partner had listed as preferences Rainbow and Blueberry park fabric. That was the ultimate excuse I needed to order some of that great range, like I needed one ;)

Below is the version I send my partner. Normally I like to give a twist to patterns myself and I take mosaics as a starting point, but with this pattern in the mosaic it was too good to pass up. I made the horns from gold shiny fabric. For the quilting I thought an all over would be best for a pillow and stars seemed an obvious choice. The pillow for my daughter had her input to it as well, so the manes became wavy and the eye got eyelashes....


During the making one is suppose to post progress pictures, but I was too scared any picture from the front would give it away. But I did post a little teaser from the back.


for comparison the two side by side
While I am waiting for feedback from my partner, I thought I show you what I received. My partner was very quick in sending it of and I received mine from Sabine on the day I send mine. Coincidentally I made a pillow for Sabine in the last round. I love the linen she used with the bold colours. It suits my sofa perfectly.


So what have you been up to this week? Your turn TGIFFers! Please only link up finishes and posts that link back to the TGIFF party so your readers can find us and link up too. :)
till next time,
Iris


15 comments:

  1. Wow! These are gorgeous. I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just so adorable Iris...I do love blueberry park, and that blue background really just pops! Instagram swaps are so fun :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great pattern, and I love how you worked both versions. Thanks for hosting TGIFF this week :D - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love seeing the two side by side to see how different the pattern can look with different colours and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lucky swap partner! The pillow is awesome! The pillow you received is fantastic too. What a fun swap to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great swap partner you are, that is a gorgeous cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cushions are wonderful! Your daughter and swap partner are both very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pillows but the blue unicorn is my favourite. Thanks for hosting TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are both fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my golly.... your unicorn pillows are GORGEOUS!! If your partner doesn't "want" hers... you can send it to me!! LOL I love the fabrics and your quilting and your hidden zipper rainbow surprise!
    I must look up the pattern now!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky partner and the one you got is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING!! That mane of Blueberry Park is so beautiful. Gorgeous cushions :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love the rainbow mosaic version for your swap partner...what a happy gift o receive. I hope she loves it. I like the matchstick quilting on the neck of the white unicorn, and the waves on the mane are very cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The unicorns are awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Unicorns are magical! Love the rainbow version and what you received is fantastic and looks beautiful on your sofa. TFS!

    ReplyDelete